Weller Development is seeking a Director of Infrastructure Development to manage a $200 Million portfolio of infrastructure development projects Port Covington. This is an exciting growth opportunity that will expose you to high-end and complex projects in Port Covington (south Baltimore) and eventually throughout the Baltimore-Washington, DC Area.
- Report to Vice President of Development at Weller Development;
- Lead Weller Development’s efforts to design, entitle, and construct innovative infrastructure projects to serve the Port Covington project;
- Work to find creative solutions to complex and challenging issues that come with developing 14 Million square feet of buildings in a major city, on the waterfront;
- Interface directly with the master planning, finance, and construction teams at Weller throughout the development process;
- Engage with project stakeholders outside of Weller, including community partners, financial partners, and regulatory officials;
- Participate in the selection process for consultant, preconstruction and contractor selection, when appropriate;
- Provide executive level direction to project teams, including program managers, project managers, outside stakeholders, architectural and engineering design firms, various other consultants, and contractors, in the execution of Weller projects;
- Create and be accountable for managing scope, budgets and schedules for large and complex development projects;
- Ensure compliance with the Port Covington MOU through the RFQ/RFP process, contract negotiations, and contract management with designers, general contractors, third party inspectors, and all other consultants;
- Remain current on innovative solutions to infrastructure challenges, as well as emerging technologies that will displace or mitigate traditional infrastructure requirements;
- Mentor more junior members of the Weller Development team;
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the Weller Development executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in design, engineering management, or business is preferred, but not a requirement;
- 10+ years of experience in the management and/or design of infrastructure projects in urban locations;
- Detail oriented and highly organized, as evidenced by previous success in managing projects and/or organizations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication.