Weller Development is seeking a Senior Construction Manager to manage infrastructure and commercial building projects as part of our fast-paced construction management team. This is an exciting growth opportunity that will expose you to high-end and complex projects in Port Covington (south Baltimore) and beyond.
- Report to Vice President of Construction at Weller Development;
- Interface directly with the development team at Weller and provide construction related support to the project development process;
- Lead the construction team’s efforts on select commercial and infrastructure projects;
- Manage WDC staff and 3rd party construction management consultants as necessary to facilitate the construction of projects at Port Covington;
- Manage 3rd party design consultants and pre-construction contracting teams as necessary to ensure the timely, well-coordinated, and cost-effective design of infrastructure and building projects;
- Manage all facets of project construction to include feasibility, budgeting, contracting, risk management, project delivery, and warranty management;
- Lead the advertisement, selection, and negotiations of general contracting opportunities at Port Covington;
- Ensure the construction management group’s compliance with the Port Covington MOU through the RFQ/RFP process, contract negotiations, and contract management with general contractors, third party inspectors, and all other consultants;
- Ensure the on time and on-budget delivery of high-quality projects throughout Port Covington;
- Mentor more junior members of the Weller Development team;
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the Weller Development executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in design, engineering management, or business is preferred, but not a requirement;
- 10+ years of experience in the management of construction projects in urban locations, to include commercial mixed-use and related infrastructure;
- Experience with BIM is strongly preferred;
- Extensive knowledge of construction delivery methods and agreements;
- Strong familiarity with construction best practices, general building codes, and various building types;
- Detail oriented and highly organized, as evidenced by previous success in managing projects and/or construction organizations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication.