Information that We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII): Is any information about you that may identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, and other identifying information.
- Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is data that web sites use to administer their Site. It may include your browser type or your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Session Cookies:We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We set a persistent cookie to store information about your preferences, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited.
We collect PII from you on a voluntary basis. We do not require you to provide PII to use our Site. If you fill out the web forms on our Site or choose to sign up for our newsletter we will collect certain PII from you, including contact information (such as name and email), which we will use to contact you. If you choose to send us a message with information about yourself, we will maintain records of your correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions.
How We Use and Share Information
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- Anonymous Information: We use “Anonymous Information” for Site administration purposes.
- PII: PII collected by us may be used for purposes including: administration of the Site, offering of goods and services and communications with you. We also may disclose Personally Identifiable Information if we are required to do so by law. We may use the information collected to notify you of changes made to our Site, to send you promotional materials, and to determine what information and services users want the most.
- Sharing of Information: We may share information about individuals as follows: with affiliates of Port Covington; with service providers who access this information to carry out work on our behalf; in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, spin out, divestment or other corporate restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Port Covington development team if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Port Covington, our users or the public as required or permitted by law, with your consent or at your direction. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information.
Access and Correction
You have a right to know about the personal information that we hold about you, including the right to correct, amend or delete the information that we have on file if it is incorrect. Please contact us if you would like to make any changes to this information at: Connect@PC.City.
The security of your PII is important to us. The Site incorporates appropriate safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from loss, misuse and alteration.
Updates to this Policy